Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

**** 4 Stars - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The World is Flat by by Thomas Friedman » **** 4 Stars (Marisa Figueroa)
**** 4 Stars
marisfigDate: Monday, 2011-06-20, 3:49 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
The World is Flat is a very interesting book that focuses on globalization and how it contributes to the development of the world. The reason I decided to read the book was the title. It interested me because the world being flat seemed like a very strange concept so I wanted to see what explanation the author would give. At first I was a little skeptical of the idea but Friedman is very good at giving examples and analyzing all the information that it began to make sense. As well as globalization, this book also talks about outsourcing and how businesses are moving from western countries like the U.S. and Europe and are moving to other countries like India and China. Both of these countries have been hiding in the background behind the powerful western countries, and we are now noticing a change in this social structure. India and China are now taking over and receiving their chance to shine by becoming some of the most powerful and intelligent countries in the world. Overall, this book was a great read and I am very positive that you will enjoy it. It is a pretty long book, but the information is all very interesting and helpful to develop an overall understanding of the book.

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The World is Flat by by Thomas Friedman » **** 4 Stars (Marisa Figueroa)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: