Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

FOUR STARZZ **** - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy by Pietra Rivoli » FOUR STARZZ ****
FOUR STARZZ ****
AmberDate: Monday, 2013-06-10, 10:57 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
I would have to give this book a four out of five stars. Although it isn't a book I would have read on my own free time, I have learned so much about the long process of a t-shirt that I wouldn't have known about. This book not only talked about the value chain of the t-shirt, but it also went into depth of the world trade market of a t-shirt and globalization. It all starts off in Texas where the cotton was harvested and ends up all the way at Africa where it is to be resold for local use or shredded and recycled as furniture padding. Even though it was a bit repetitive and there was many facts listed I enjoyed reading it for most of the time and I recommend reading it if you are interested in knowing the background story of the clothing you wear.  tongue

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy by Pietra Rivoli » FOUR STARZZ ****
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: