Four stars - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Devil's Flu by Pete Davies » Four stars
Four stars
SuusanDate: Monday, 2012-06-11, 1:13 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
The Devil's Flu- The World's Deadliest Influenza and the Scientific Hunt for the Virus That Cause It by Pete Davies is one of the most interesting books I have ever read. The story is non-fiction and talks about one of deadliest flu in the world known as the Spanish Flu in 1918. This influenza killed about 40 million people in the world. That's about 2 percent of our world's population. The 1918 killed more people than World War I did. More people died in a single year of the influenza than in four years of the Bubonic Plague. This book was quite captivating. Once you passed the introduction this book is hard to let go. It really kept me guessing on what happened next. Once I finished the book the one question that preoccupied my mind was "When is the next pandemic going to occur?" I really recommend this book to anyone who is interested in learning about disease or to understand one of the deadliest virus out there. The only one thing I didn't like about this book was that I had to keep defining words to understand the context, and I had to re-familiarize my biology a little bit because of some biology terms here and there, but its just a minor part of biology so it's not that bad I just wanted to completely understand what I was reading. Despite my lack of vocabulary and biology knowledge this book was great! It's very informing, and you'll definitely increase your vocabulary too!

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Devil's Flu by Pete Davies » Four stars
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: