Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

Nathalie Le - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » It's The Little Things by Lena Williams » Nathalie Le (3 1/2 Stars)
Nathalie Le
Nathalie7Date: Sunday, 2012-06-17, 0:07 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
In this book, Lena Williams writes about her personal experiences with discrimination. She gathers information from her family and friends who are both White-American and African-American. This book was published in the year 2000 so it’s not as up-to-date for us; however, it still holds information about the divided between the races. Williams portrays a biased view of how she feels the Whites act differently towards African-Americans.
Williams uses many great examples to express her ideas and theories. This book was well organized and her style of writing was very casual. She writes this book as if she was talking to you and you can feel her irritation with the situation.
I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about the racial tension between Blacks and Whites. It was a well written book, but the read was kind of slow for me. In my opinion, I feel that she put too much of a personal touch to the facts and not that many cold/hard facts. Overall, I’d give this book a 3 ½ stars out of 5.

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » It's The Little Things by Lena Williams » Nathalie Le (3 1/2 Stars)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: