Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

FIVE STARS ***** - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond » FIVE STARS ***** (Timothy Bravo - Period 1 - Book Review)
FIVE STARS *****
TimBDate: Saturday, 2013-06-08, 8:59 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
This book is outstanding and I have to rate it 5/5 stars, because of how it applies a myriad of Human Geographic principles to the world in multiple case studies.  Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond discusses how
certain societies manage to succeed others in development and complexity.  Throughout the novel, Diamond discusses, food production, techonolgy, migration, and literacy as the major factors to development.  What I love about this book is how it not only incudes interesting facts and ideas to back up his thory of societal evolution, but there is pieces of humor that keep the reader interested.  What fascinated me the most is how important food production is to a society, as it is the gateway to other factors that define a political entity and it gives a deeper insight to how history has shaped itself.  I am pleased with reading this and would reccomend it to any reader who wants to learn more about history in correlation to geography, as well as answering the implied questions life brings you.

Timothy BRavo Period 1

5/5 STARS *****
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING. READ IT.
MR. LUNOW IS AMAZING.
THE PACKERS ARE AMAZING.
SOUTH AFRICA IS AMAZING.
SURFING IS AMAZING.

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond » FIVE STARS ***** (Timothy Bravo - Period 1 - Book Review)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: