Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

* 1 Star - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » How Soccer Explains the World by Franklin Foer » * 1 Star (How Soccer Explains The World by Franklin Foer)
* 1 Star
FranklinDate: Monday, 2013-06-10, 9:40 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
This book by Franklin Foer was so bad and such a disappointment. The title the extremely misleading! If you pick up this book and plan to read on how the game itself plays out like the world, then you have chosen the wrong book. This book talks about specific cases and conflicts between a few teams. Foers poor attempt to explain how soccer explains the world is just terrible. This is a poor excuse of an explanation, because he doesn't explain jack cheese. Opening up the "book" and trying to read it was a horrible experience. I realized that it was not near in meeting any of my expectations and did not find it interesting whatsoever. I found myself thinking very often "why am I reading this?" but its always answered the same way. The answer is that I had to because I chose this horrible book. Students who plan to read this book, please take my advice and stay as far away from it as possible. This must be the worst you have ever read in your life. Take it from a fellow sophmore that has suffered the experience of Franklin Foer's book. I give this book 1 star out of 5. Sadly, the scale could not be anymore devastating. The 1 star seems to be giving too much mercy.
        -Franklin Tran
         Period 1

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » How Soccer Explains the World by Franklin Foer » * 1 Star (How Soccer Explains The World by Franklin Foer)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: