Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

4sTaRz - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell » 4sTaRz (Kimberly Ngo)
4sTaRz
KimberlyDate: Monday, 2013-06-10, 9:12 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Okay, so when I was looking through the books to read this one really caught my attention. I even put like two stars around it, but then when I got to class the next day I thought, " Why did I pick this book again?"

However, when I read it, it was actually pretty interesting. Well, interesting enough to keep my attention for a few hours. (I only fell asleep once, guys!) I ended up finishing like more than half the book in 2-3 hours. 

"Tipping Point" is basically about how trends cross a certain threshold and can spread worldwide with even the smallest changes. Trends like fashion, disease, TV Shows, and even crime rates. (There was also a very interesting chapter about suicide. Even suicide can be diffused globally! Needless to say, that was the most interesting chapter for me.)

I gave this book four out of five stars because although it kept my attention. There were so many case studies and examples that I was at the point of screaming, " Alright, I got it the first time!" If you're looking for a good book to read, then I would really recommend this one. Plus it's only like 260 pages, not including afterword, and compared to the other books that's pretty short.

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell » 4sTaRz (Kimberly Ngo)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: