Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

***star - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Touching My Father's Soul by Jamling T. Norgay » ***star
***star
NateDate: Monday, 2013-06-10, 9:06 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
The book Touching My Father's Soul by Jamling Norgay is about an expedition to the top of Mount Everest. How his journey in following his father's footsteps to do so is shaped by his religion of being a Sherpa, who are Tibetan Buddhist who live mountainous area of Nepal. They helped guide Jamling through the mountains risking their on being to assist him. The Sherpa Mount Everest is not just another mountain, but they look at it as a living being that brings or denies them rewards. Their religion and the gods they believe in influenced most of the decisions they made on their journey. Overall I give this three out of five, because mountain climbing just isn't something I am too interested in. If you are though, then this is the book for you as it gives a whole new perspective of the climb on Mount Everest. The pictures too made it a little more bearable in the reading. In my honest opinion this book was just 'aight'.

Message edited by Nate - Monday, 2013-06-10, 9:08 PM

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Touching My Father's Soul by Jamling T. Norgay » ***star
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: