Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

4.5 STARS ****.* - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Columbian Exchange by JR Cosby » 4.5 STARS ****.* (Samantha Canova)
4.5 STARS ****.*
SamanDate: Thursday, 2013-06-13, 11:37 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
This book is actually not that bad,I mean at first I thought it would be boring because it was about Columbus's expedition but it was actually interesting.tThe book starts off explaing what Columbus and his travelers found such new exotic animals and plants in the land they thought was Asia but it was actually the carribean. They eventually moved up and the land they found was called the new world. Here they met the Indians. Thought the book it discusses how the Indians dimished while the Europeans prospered. It also discusses the acceptance of new cultures and new foods to survive. Disease, technology and knowledge took all part on the indians dieing off and how the Europeans conquered their land when all the Indians did was help them. Oh, the irony.. I personally give this book 4.5 stars not only because it ties in with most of the units of human geo. such as population and agriculture, yet it also explains how this new world came to be. I highly recommend this book to anyone who's interested on how the new world became or if you've ever wondered how one person and his motives can change so much of how the future would of came out.

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Columbian Exchange by JR Cosby » 4.5 STARS ****.* (Samantha Canova)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: