Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

2 Stars - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins » 2 Stars
2 Stars
Vincetheprince49Date: Monday, 2013-06-10, 11:13 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
I gave this book 2 stars because it was quite a boring read. Although I tried to like it, this was just not my type of book. If you like personal, autobiographical books then this could be the book for you.

For a quick summary, this book was about John Perkin's own experiences about being a former economic hit man. Being an economic hit man, he worked for a private international firm and cheated poor countries into wasting trillions of dollars. This led to the countries being in major debt and they dug themselves into a hole they could not get out of. He reveals the tactics he and his firm used to pressure these countries into their doom.

This book was personal and it talked about many first hand experiences. As boring as it was, this book does expose details and and secrets of the U.S. government and how they used greed and corruption to inhibit foreign governments from economic development.

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins » 2 Stars
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: