Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

4/5 stars - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Next 100 Years by George Friedman » 4/5 stars (Next 100 Years Rating)
4/5 stars
DuyDate: Tuesday, 2013-06-18, 11:44 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Next 100 years was a very interesting book to read. The book is about the future of the world in a century, hence the name "Next 100 Years". The author focuses on the past problems of the world and these problems would be repeated again in the future. Like in the past, the U.S. had been in a war with Russia called the Cold War. Friedman predicts of a 2nd Cold War to occur, but I won't go into detail because it would count as a spoiler. The reason for such a high rating would be that it was very informational. With being in AP HUG, I was able to understand most of the ideas and concepts explained in the book. In the beginning of the book its starts off with explaining past events which he then applies to the future. But towards the end, George Friedman began to talk about new sources of energy and new space based technology which, to me felt a little fictional. But besides that, it was a great read. The reason why I chose a 4 and not a 5 would be that it had to much content for the average student, without a basic idea of the world, to read.

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Next 100 Years by George Friedman » 4/5 stars (Next 100 Years Rating)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: