Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

***** - Five Stars! - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Sushi Economy by Sasha Issenberg » ***** - Five Stars!
***** - Five Stars!
mirandatranDate: Sunday, 2012-06-10, 7:54 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
If you love sushi, this is definitely one of the best books you could read to know more about what you're eating. Sasha Issenberg basically gives you a 360 degree view, giving you its markets, buyers, consumers, fishers, ranchers, activists, restaurateurs and entrepreneurs. After reading this book, it made me realize how amazing it is for the fish in the sushi roll that I have been eating to go through such a long process before making it to the dinner plate. Like wow, this piece of fish went through maybe nine different hands before reaching to me. Pretty interesting if you ask me. One of the interesting facts you'd probably learn from this book is how a top chef reveals that the people who sit at the sushi bar get the best cuts of salmon, whereas those sitting in the dining room or ordering California rolls will most often be served an inferior piece of meat from the salmon's tail. To sum up, it's a fun, great, and fascinating read and definitely better to know more about what you are eating. smile

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Sushi Economy by Sasha Issenberg » ***** - Five Stars!
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: