Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

5 Stars All The Way!!! - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson » 5 Stars All The Way!!!
5 Stars All The Way!!!
NguyenDianaDate: Tuesday, 2013-06-11, 4:33 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
If you love reading about about mystery and murder cases, then this book will hook you from the start. It is not your ordinary nonfiction book, it unravels Chicago's architectural history and a murder mystery at the same time. The author, Eric Larson, did an amazing job at paralleling the two story plots of the architect who helped built the Chicago World's Fair and the actual serial killer who secretly recided. This was based on true events that happened in the late 1800's, involving America's first sociopathic Serial killer and revealing documented facts. It's a disturbing, gripping drama that uses vivid imagery but at the same time you are learning a piece of America's history;whether you are not into nonfiction books, Larson has written it in a way that reads like a fictional novel. I found the title to be clever and symbolic,representing the serial killer as the devil full of evil and tainting the pure innocence of Chicago and naivety of the city-dwellers. I recommend this book to anyone who likes an intense thrill and history that comes alive, especially to those who easily fall asleep at just reading plain facts. I'm definitely giving this a five star review.

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson » 5 Stars All The Way!!!
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: