Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

Alique Cherchian - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Freakonomics by Steven Levitt » Alique Cherchian (4 and 1/2 stars)
Alique Cherchian
curlyqDate: Saturday, 2012-06-09, 1:40 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: 2011-2012
What do schoolteachers and sumo wrestlers have in common? How is the Klu Klux Klan like a group of Real-Estate Agents? Why do drug dealers live with their moms? What makes a perfect parent? These are some of the questions you never thought you would end up asking, but once you take a dive into this book you end up exploring things that you never thought were factors of something bigger. The book was an easy read, and its shorter than it seems. But once you start reading, for me at least, it was a page turner. It was written by two economists, Steven D. Levitt and Stephan J. Dubner. They continuously explain how morality is what people would want life to be like, and economy is what life actually is like. Each chapter is like an adventure. The chapter starts off with a crazy rhetorical question, then it jumps into something totally different. However as you read on into the chapter, it slowly unfolds the mysteries of each question. I highly recommend this book for anyone. I'm not much of a reader myself, and don't understand how people read for fun, and if you feel the same way this book is right for you. When you read it, the way it's written and it's style, it feel as though someone is literally talking and explaining something in normal conversation, casual language. It also mentions the Demographic Transition Model and how pro-natalist and ani-natalist countries influence the crime within their own countries. The book also had a lot of criminology. So if your into that, READ THIS AWESOME BOOK! happy

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Freakonomics by Steven Levitt » Alique Cherchian (4 and 1/2 stars)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: