Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

*** 3 stars - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The New Great Game by Lutz Kleverman » *** 3 stars (Jeremiah Ailes)
*** 3 stars
AilesDate: Wednesday, 2011-06-15, 11:15 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
The New Great Game by Lutz Kleverman tells the story of his travels through central Asia learning about the conflict for oil. He encounters all types of people from oil rig workers to dictators of countries. Through the course of the story you learn about the feelings of these newly independent countries toward other countries as well as their agendas. It is very interesting to see the web of who likes who and who wants who to fall. It also gives insight to possible reasons the U.S. really went to war in Central Asia. Overall a pretty good book.Some criticism I have towards the book is after a while events blur together due to very similar names and often similar stories. The book includes one little hard to read map but by the end i was wishing i had a better map or two a time line and a character chart. That is my major criticism which if you pay close enough attention you can follow but it can be quite frustrating to haft to reread it or try and find when a character was introduced. That aside good book, I definitely learned from this book as it addresses many units of AP Human Geography including Politics, culture, development, as well as Urban and Rural land use.

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The New Great Game by Lutz Kleverman » *** 3 stars (Jeremiah Ailes)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: