Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

3.5 stars - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Stuffed and Starved by Raj Patel » 3.5 stars (Jenny Do)
3.5 stars
jennyphailsDate: Sunday, 2012-06-17, 3:15 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: 2011-2012
In Stuffed & Starved by Raj Patel, Patel informs readers the impacts of trade liberalization on food production. The book pretty much summarizes the reality of food like how it is made and the process food goes through to turn out the way it does on our plates. What we learned in Unit 4: Agriculture & Rural Land Use are mentioned throughout the book like how commercial farms are giving small farms a disadvantage and how small farms are becoming industrial. Patel also mentions how food today have hidden GMOS, genetically modified crops.

If you're interested on how our food was processed and the hidden tragedies that come along with this process, this book is for you. As for me, I read Fast Food Nation as a junior in Ms. Bush's class so most of the information I got from this book was old news to me. And, just like any other informative book, I found the book to me a bit boring.

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Stuffed and Starved by Raj Patel » 3.5 stars (Jenny Do)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: