Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

**** 4 stars - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali » **** 4 stars (VanAnh Hoang)
**** 4 stars
VanAnhDate: Monday, 2011-06-20, 1:05 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Infidel is an autobiography of the author's life--she includes everything from her young childhood adventures to her rise as one of the world's most controversial figures. She is controversial because she basically becomes an "infidel", someone who doesn't believe. She denounces her Muslim faith and becomes shunned by her family and religious communities. Her story describes her slow change from someone who was a firm believer in Allah to someone who questions and rejects the Muslim faith. She's also a strong advocate for women's rights. By mixing religion and women's rights she passionately stands up for the submissive role of women in the Muslim religion. She questions, if Allah created everyone equally, why must women always be treated inferior to men? She begins to reject the world that she grew up in and this book tells it all.
I really enjoyed this book even though some of its parts were a bit gruesome...it has some...descriptive tendencies. It's a really easy read and I learned a lot about their culture and lifestyles. It definitely gave be a better appreciation for the life I live. I REALLY REALLY recommend this. Just get through the slow political parts and the rest is smooth sailing and super interesting! smile

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali » **** 4 stars (VanAnh Hoang)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: