Welcome noob | Registration | Login

Mr.Lunow’s AP Human Geography

Site menu
Login form
Statistics

★★★ Three Stars - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Next Decade by George Friedman » ★★★ Three Stars
★★★ Three Stars
PaulaDate: Monday, 2011-06-20, 11:32 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
The Next Decade by George Friedman is mostly about the development of the United States. It spans over the next decade (obviously), and talks about world leaders of the past and what the future of the world may be. There is some economics, and all he really does is give the reader some background on events and dives into what he thinks will happen. There's a lot of American foreign policy going on, and he talks about possible future enemies of the United States. The first few chapters he talks about what the president of America must do in order to avoid disaster, and he discusses the errors of past presidents, and praises the genius of others. After that, he mentions our future relationship with the Middle East, more specifically, Iran. Second, Russia and Germany take an important role, and so does China and Japan. Then Friedman explains two problems with Mexico: the number of illegal immigrants, and the drug imports. He jumps to Africa, and all over the world. There's really no plot line, and it's mostly based on politics.

I rated this book three out of five stars because as I have said before, there is no plot line, and I can't agree with everything he says. I don't remember what, because there was just so much information I had to absorb, haha. Although the book is written in plain English (meaning it is quite easy to understand), he explains many things in detail so I wouldn't recommend it if you plan on procrastinating this assignment. Even though that goes for all books, this book wasn't the most exciting. However, there were some very interesting facts, and it did change my perspective of the world. It's not that it was so boring that no one should take a second thought to not read it; I just wouldn't recommend reading it just to read it. Read it because you have time and because you want to gain some prior knowledge of what may happen. After all, it's not like he doesn't make a point.

Message edited by Paula - Monday, 2011-06-20, 11:34 PM

Forum » Book Reviews By Students » The Next Decade by George Friedman » ★★★ Three Stars
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: